I am not running for any political office, but I saw this survey on http://www.freecolorado.com/ and decided to fill it out. After reading my answers it will become clear why I won't run for office. You can hear the slave speak even in the wording of the questions. So it was difficult to answer a few of these questions as the question itself assumed a statist structure. The author of the questions, Ari Armstrong, is a fairly liberty oriented objectivist most of the time, but his statist colors come out sometimes.
In a Twitter-length reply (140 characters maximum), please state why you are running for political office.
I am not running, but if I were it would be to spread the message that people don't need the state and that voluntary action is always better than coercive action.
* Should the federal or state government spend money in an attempt to "stimulate" the economy? If so, on what sorts of projects?
NO, all money spent by the government was taken from people who would have used that same money in a more appropriate fashion in an effort to improve their lives, which is a more effective use of that money than the choices some bureaucrat would make.
* Should tax dollars be directed toward energy projects, tourism, or any other form of business subsidies?
* (State-Level Candidates:) Should the Taxpayer's Bill of Rights be kept completely intact? If not, how should it be altered?
If it were to be altered it should be to make it stronger and eliminate the ability for the government to raise taxes and call them “fees” like the recent car registration fee hike.
* (State-Level Candidates:) Should Amendment 23 be repealed, maintained, or modified?
Repealed. It forces the state to pay ever more for public schools, when there should not even be any public schools.
* (State-Level Candidates:) Should any particular state taxes or fees (such as the state corporate income tax or the subjects of the tax-cutting initiatives) be repealed or reduced? Should any be added or increased?
They should all be repealed. Taxation is theft and is never justified, no matter what altruistic ends some bureaucrat has designed.
* Should state or federal spending (depending on which office you seek) be higher or lower than it is currently?
Lower, much much lower, like at 0%
* Should the state or federal minimum wage (depending on which office you seek) be repealed, maintained, or increased?
Repealed, the minimum wage is evil and forces people who cannot prove a productive value above the minimum wage to into a life of welfare, it targets the mentally and physically challenged as well as youth.
* Should college education be subsidized by tax dollars?
* Should antitrust law or its enforcement be changed?
Yes all antitrust laws should be repealed, and all government enforced monopolies should be eliminated.
* (Federal-level candidates:) Should Sarbanes-Oxley be repealed?
SOCIAL AND CHURCH/STATE ISSUES
* What do you believe is meant by the "separation of church and state," and do you endorse it?
I don't believe there should be a state so if you eliminate the state then this would not be an issue.
* Should religious institutions receive tax dollars for providing welfare or other faith-based services?
No. Stealing from people is not the basis for charity.
Should the teaching of creationism or Intelligent Design be subsidized by tax dollars
* Should tax-funded schools establish a period of permitted or required prayer?
NO, there should not be any tax funded schools so this should not be a question. People should be free to pay for the kind of education they desire for their kids. Religious or otherwise.
* Should government officials promote religiously oriented displays and comments on government property and at government events?
* Do you support gay marriage?
I don't believe the government has any place in a marriage contract. Therefore if two adults consent to a marriage contract drawn up privately, I do no care what sex they are.
* If you answered no to the question above, do you support domestic partnerships, civil unions, or comparable legal recognition of gay couples?
* Should gay couples be allowed to adopt children by the same standards as heterosexual couples?
Yes, but it should be up to the private adoption services to decide who they wish to allow to adopt their children and what criteria they follow.
* Should government never, always, or sometimes mandate parental notification and consent before a minor may legally obtain an abortion, and, if sometimes, under what conditions?
* Should government mandate waiting periods or ultrasounds before a woman may legally obtain an abortion?
* Do you endorse the "personhood" measure that may appear on the 2010 ballot?
* Should abortion be legal in cases of fetal deformity?
* Should abortion be legal in cases of rape or incest?
* Should abortion be legal in cases of risk to the woman's life, as determined by the health professional selected by that woman?
* Should elective abortion be legal?
* If you believe that abortion should be legally restricted, what criminal penalties do you advocate for a woman and her doctor for obtaining or facilitating an illegal abortion?
* Would execution ever be an appropriate penalty for obtaining or facilitating illegal abortions?
* Should types of birth control be legal that may prevent a fertilized egg or zygote from implanting in the uterus?
* Should fertility treatments be legal that may result in the freezing or destruction of a fertilized egg or zygote?
* Should research involving the use of embryonic stem cells be legal?
Yes, but tax money should not go towards such things.
* Should abortions or embryonic stem cell research be subsidized by tax dollars?
* (Federal-level candidates:) Should the U.S. expand a legal guest-worker program or legal immigration, and, if so, by how much?
Yes, but I believe free people should be able to travel freely so I reject this idea of legal and illegal crossing of arbitrary lines in the sand that represent government borders. If the land they cross was privately owned then that owner should decide if they are allowed onto his/her land.
* (State-Level Candidates:) Should Colorado government force employers to verify with the federal government the legal status of potential employees, and, if so, what penalties should apply for failure to do so?
* Should federal or state tax-funded benefits (depending on which office you seek), including K-12 education, be extended only to U.S. citizens, to legal immigrants and guest workers, or to everyone in the U.S. including illegal immigrants?
No welfare should be extended to anyone no matter what plot of land they happened to be born on. We need to eliminate government schools.
* What restrictions, if any, should be placed on the use of eminent domain?
There should be no such a thing as eminent domain.
* Do you endorse the use of eminent domain in the case of the Pinon Canyon military expansion? Do you support the military expansion if it does not involve eminent domain?
* Should the Endangered Species Act be altered or differently enforced?
Yes, it should be abolished and private individuals who care about these creatures should work in private ways to try and save them.
* (State-Level Candidates:) Should the smoking ban be maintained, expanded, or repealed? Should it apply to on-stage performances?
BILL OF RIGHTS
* Should McCain-Feingold and state campaign finance restrictions be repealed, maintained, or expanded?
* Should the federal government control what radio or television stations may broadcast?
* Should the FTC's rules regarding blogger endorsements be rescinded?
* Should students with licenses be legally permitted to carry concealed handguns on the property of tax-subsidized colleges?
First off there should be no need for a concealed carry license and secondly there should be no tax subsidized colleges, private colleges could set their own gun rules.
* Should additional restrictions be added (or repealed) on gun ownership? Please specify.
The right to protect yourself should be obvious, so all restrictions on gun ownership are invalid and should be repealed.
* Do you believe that desecration of the U.S. flag should be outlawed by Constitutional amendment?
* Do you believe that pornography or obscene materials involving consenting adults should be legally restricted?
* Should state or federal laws (depending on which office you seek) pertaining to marijuana be altered, and, if so, how?
All drug laws should be repealed. A person has a right to put into their body anything they choose.
* (State-Level Candidates:) Should rules pertaining to petitioners be altered, and, if so, how?
The state should be abolished, therefor no petitions would be needed.
* If there is any important issue that you believe we have missed, please state what it is and state your position on it.
We need to end the monopoly on the printing of money.