Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Survivors

I just finished watching the British TV series Survivors. I had it recorded for several months and had not got around to watching it. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the series and am sad that it has been canceled. If it is available through netflix or something and you lean libertarian then I would say get this series.
The premise is one where a deadly virus has wiped out 99% of the population. The remaining survivors have to fend for themselves in all ways. I felt that the show leaned a bit too hard on the idea that people would gravitate towards dog eat dog extremism instead of cooperation a bit too much, but then again if people cooperated without excessive conflict, then the show would lose most of its drama. The best parts were when the group that show followed had encounters with another group led by a former bureaucrat who was desperate to create a new government and in the creation of her new government she had to fully expose the violence that is all governments.

1 comment:

Humberto said...

Hi!
I've just popped in to say hello, nice blog, congratulation!
You can visit mine if you feel like.
Cheers from Argentina.
Humberto.

www.humbertodib.blogspot.com