Monday, April 18, 2011

Atlas Shrugged Movie

Went to see Atlas Shrugged

If you liked the book, I think you will like the movie. I liked the book, but read it about 15 years ago (actually I listened to the book, on cassette!) so I had forgotten as much as I remembered.

The movie was very true to the book which was both a bonus and a curse, the bonus because it allowed many of the ideas in the book to be presented, a curse because like the book at times it was slow and wordy. At times it had the feel of a soap opera.

I normally like my movies to be action packed and full of ultraviolence, so this was definitely a slower movie for me, but overall it was fun. It got exciting towards the end. After seeing so many movies about some cop, some military “hero” or other bureaucrat, it was a refreshing change to see a movie where the heroes are all smart, driven, hard working people. These are real life heroes, men and women who work hard to create something beautiful, instead most films are about those who seek to destroy things instead of build things.

No comments: