Thursday, December 15, 2011

Do you want your epitaph to read: "he consumed much and produced little"

The other day on the Peter Schiff Show, Peter was arguing with a Keynesian economist who was making the claim that it is consumption and not production that drives an economy. He was wrong of course, it is savings and production, and not consumption, that drives an economy. But let's pretend for a second this idea is correct, is it how you would want to live your life? When I die, I don't want to be remembered for living a life of consumption. I would much rather be remembered for all of the good I have done, all of the good I have produced in my lifetime. All of the people I have helped for things I have done, things I have added to the world, not for things I have taken away from the world.

No comments: